We are united by our shared passion for outcomes that transform the human experience in healthcare. We are a group of clinicians, technologists and business leaders who are developing and commercializing prescription digital therapeutics for treating diseases caused by behaviors. We believe software is on the verge of disrupting medicine and we are deeply committed to making sure the products we create for patients are not only safe and effective, but useable, intuitive, intelligent and elegant. The clinical and economic effectiveness of our digital therapies have been validated through multiple published clinical trials. We have recently begun to commercialize with health insurers while pursuing FDA approval for our first prescription digital therapeutic for treating Type 2 diabetes.
Our founding team has started, led and exited multiple technology companies that have transformed industries and generated billions of dollars in enterprise value. The 17th Surgeon General of the US, Dr. Richard Carmona, serves as an independent board director.
We were founded in 2015; are headquartered in San Francisco, CA with operations in Boston, MA, and Nashville, TN.
About the Role
Better Therapeutics is looking for an experienced Product Manager with a passion for making a big difference in people’s lives. You’ll be part of a dedicated team building products for both patients and physicians to treat the root cause of cardiometabolic diseases with behavior change and reduce reliance on medications. You will have the chance to work across products and platforms, and collaborate cross-functionally with bright minds in engineering, clinical, research, marketing and business teams on a daily basis. This full-time role reports to the Head of Product and is based in San Francisco.
In this role, you will...
- Develop a continuous, deep understanding of users by conducting research, data analysis, customer interviews, and usability testing.
- Drive product development from concept to launch by collaborating with engineering and design daily.
- Define, prioritize and communicate short term goals consistent with long term strategy.
- Partner with our clinical and design teams to re-imagine how care is delivered and managed.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to manage feature launches, research studies, and enrollments.
- Track KPIs, measure success and deliver data-driven recommendations for product improvements.
What You Bring
- 4+ years experience as a product manager. Experience in digital health/behavioral science is a big plus.
- Strong product sense and ability to weigh the short term against the long term.
- Ability to empathize deeply with our users.
- Inquisitive and curious, you challenge assumptions in order to get to the best possible outcome.
- Highly analytical with the ability to quickly draw insights from data.
- Experience working in an agile environment, where everyone is expected to make a big impact.
- Experience partnering with design to run effective design sprints that solve for the right user needs.
- Possess deep curiosity about the principles of health, plant-based nutrition and its application towards treating diabetes, heart disease, and other chronic diseases.
- Highly empathic and committed to “do the most good for the most people.”
- Highly collaborative with team orientation.
- You are fascinated by technology and the way it transforms the way people live and work.
- You know what a growth mindset is, and it embodies the way you live your life. You are always up for a new challenge, not afraid to fail, and insatiably curious.
- You are not intimidated by the fast-paced, dynamic characteristics of startups.
- You have the intellect to grasp complex ideas, a thirst for learning, and the creative drive to tell stories simply, and with impact.
- You are driven by a sense of purpose, and a confidence, competence, and willingness to be accountable.
- You are a critical thinker, but not critical of others.
- You give credit and take responsibility, always defaulting to “we” over “me.
- The opportunity to do purposeful work in an ego-free and collaborative team environment.
- Generous compensation, equity participation, and comprehensive benefits.
- A physically and mentally healthy workplace, and team dynamics.
- A culture infused with passion and purpose, where curiosity is encouraged, conversation is lively, and differing opinions are treated with respect.