Head of Product Marketing
We are united by our shared passion for outcomes that transform the human experience in healthcare. We are a group of clinicians, technologists and business leaders who are developing and commercializing prescription digital therapeutics for treating diseases caused by behaviors. We believe software is on the verge of disrupting medicine and we are deeply committed to making sure the products we create for patients are not only safe and effective, but useable, intuitive, intelligent and elegant. The clinical and economic effectiveness of our digital therapies have been validated through multiple published clinical trials. We have recently begun to commercialize with health insurers while pursuing FDA approval for our first prescription digital therapeutic for treating Type 2 diabetes.
Our founding team has started, led and exited multiple technology companies that have transformed industries and generated billions of dollars in enterprise value. The 17th Surgeon General of the US, Dr. Richard Carmona, serves as an independent board director.
We were founded in 2015; are headquartered in San Francisco, CA with operations in Boston, MA, and Nashville, TN.
About the Role
As Head of Product Marketing, you will be responsible for communicating the value of our digital health solutions to the market. You will develop a deep understanding of our customers (health plans, employers, providers and systems) and users (patients diagnosed with one or more cardiovascular or metabolic diseases) and develop actionable marketing personas. You will elevate our strategies, plans, internal and external team capabilities, and methods for communicating the value of our existing and new products in a clear, inspiring and compelling way. Your work will accelerate the commercialization of our existing solutions with health plans, and set the foundation for acceptance, utilization, and reimbursement of prescription products. You will excel in this position if you are a confident self-starter, great teammate, and have excellent communication skills across a wide variety of formats and distribution platforms. You are especially adept at using data to support compelling value messaging. This full-time role is based in San Francisco.
- Positioning and messaging: Articulate the value proposition of Better’s products by developing positioning and messaging that differentiates in the market and resonates with target audiences.
- Customer personas: Create customer personas and be an expert on customer and user motivations, needs, and adoption criteria.
- Market intelligence: Conduct market analysis using qualitative/quantitative methods; evaluate alternate offerings, assess their strengths and weaknesses, and build business cases for new products and services.
- Collaborate: Establish a continuous feedback loop with Product and Clinical teams to influence and inform product strategy and roadmap.
- Brand: Evangelize our brand with effective storytelling. Craft how we express ourselves and help us tell a common story with deep reach across the healthcare landscape.
- Commercial enablement: Support our commercial efforts by developing enabling tools and collateral including slide decks, whitepapers, content marketing sites, enrollment campaigns, etc.
- Content development: Lead creative development of product-related marketing material for B2B audience including writing blog posts, case studies, thought leadership pieces.
- Data analysis: Analyze and report product marketing KPIs to measure, optimize and improve our positioning in the healthcare ecosystem.
What You Bring
- 8-10 years in product marketing; you’ve likely progressed from Product Marketing Manager to Director/Senior Director, Product Marketing, and are ready to make the next step in your career.
- Practical experience in healthcare product marketing targeting payers, providers, and patients.
- A track record of success in launching new therapeutic, digital health, technology, and/or software products and product features to sophisticated audiences.
- Proven ability to craft compelling and effective product stories that drive differentiation and success in the market.
- Strong analytic skills and the ability to use data to introduce new products and build compelling business cases.
- As the first Product Marketing expert in the company your ego-free demeanor will be an asset as you DO the work, as well as plan, develop, and ultimately LEAD the team you assemble.
- Experience in an Agile development environment and comfortable working at a fast pace where everyone is expected to make a big impact.
- You are fascinated by technology and the way it transforms the way people live and work.
- You know what a growth mindset is, and it embodies the way you live your life. You are always up for a new challenge, not afraid to fail, and insatiably curious.
- You are not intimidated by the fast-paced, dynamic characteristics of startups.
- You have the intellect to grasp complex ideas, a thirst for learning, and the creative drive to tell stories simply, and with impact.
- You are driven by a sense of purpose, and a confidence, competence, and willingness to be accountable.
- You are a critical thinker, but not critical of others.
- You give credit and take responsibility, always defaulting to “we” over “me.”
- The opportunity to do purposeful work in an ego-free and collaborative team environment.
- Generous compensation, equity participation, and comprehensive benefits.
- A physically and mentally healthy workplace, and team dynamics.
- A culture infused with passion and purpose, where curiosity is encouraged, conversation is lively, and differing opinions are treated with respect.